Thursday, March 10, 2011

Unemployed Whit

Welp, I got the official word today from my principal: All first year teachers are being let go.

Don't worry, I didn't cry.  I knew it was coming and also know there is a chance I'll be back at B.C. high school next year.

I was told by the principal that "he'll do whatever he can to keep me around."

But it all truly depends on numbers; how many new kids enter the school, how many Social Studies electives kids sign up for, and class size.

After talking to my department chair it looks like this:
1. The biggest likelihood is there will be the exact same number as this year: meaning I could be part-time again.
2. There is also the small chance that numbers will increase slightly resulting in me still probably being part-time, but having an extra class or two (and being paid more)
3. Finally, the small chance that numbers will decrease slightly meaning I'm out of a job.

To sum it up: No one really has a clue yet as to where I stand.  By early April I should get the official word.

So please Blog Readers I ask you this: Send positive thoughts my way, Cross your fingers for me, or Pray for me that I am asked back next year or at least get a teaching job somewhere else.

I NEED to be teaching and I need all the help I can get.

4 comments:

Marty said...

Ladylady,

I will do all the positive vibing, praying, hoping, and crossing I can for you.

Brady/15yr old soccer Girl said...

Good luck, I'm sure a talented teacher like yourself will be able to find something stable. The economy and state gov't can only get better from here.

mandaelyse said...

Can you feel the positive vibes?! Hang in there, Whit!

Luz said...

Winks! Just come teach innercity kids! It will be so much fun and the opposite of the kids you are teaching, maybe, and there are big mature trees in my neighborhood that Kyle will like and we can be neighbors and you can walk Kaya for me in the afternoons when you get back from work! That was a run on sentence that didn't make sense did it? I hope it did, what I meant to say was: I love you!!!