Thursday, July 14, 2011

Happiness

So much has changed since my last post, funny how quickly life can change.

I did not get my BC teaching job back.  I re-interviewed and did not get it.  Everyone was very honest with me that the position would go to someone else if they had 7-8 years experience.  I had a gut feeling all along that I wouldn't be back next year.  It is my personal, although unconfirmed, opinion that they had someone waiting in the wings they wanted to get in.  Despite their honesty I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hurt and angry.  Apparently hard work doesn't always get you what you want.  I did a damn good job at BC and will miss my students terribly.

But alas, things may have worked out for the better.  I interviewed at "FHS" (my old high school!) and got offered the position within a few hours of the actual interview.  A real FULL TIME teaching job!  And because I know about half of the staff already I know I'll have tons of support.

Once I got a job, things moved very quickly.  Kyle and I found a place here in town, a beautiful old duplex with lots of character.  We're just about entirely unpacked and I couldn't be happier.  We'll soon see what things I learn about dear Kyle.  He's already seeing just how OCD I can be. 

So life is once again rapidly changing.  But I am so very happy.  Now that we have a stable Internet connection I promise I'll be blogging more.  And I'll soon post pics!!

2 comments:

Luz said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you Winky! Congratulations!
When it rains it pours, and this time it was all great. I can't wait to see pics of your new place and hear about your new teaching job, when it starts, in the meanwhile, enjoy the summer!!!

Marty said...

Yay, Winky! I'm really, really happy for you. There had better be pics. And regular updates. Or else.

I'm really tolerant. But not of lies.